Marko Kreen wrote:
> Psycopg was the leader, especially in web-environments,
> but it has non-obvious license and with dead website it does not
> seem that attractive.  Although it is well-maintained still.
>
> Best path forward would be to talk with Psycopg guys about
> license clarification/change.
>
> I suspect GPL does not extend anyway to Python code that imports
> it dynamically, and it does not seem to be their intention - they
> even try to tell it in their current clarification, but it
> is not as clear as it could be.

Yes, this is a good analysis and has some good suggestions for moving
forward.  In summary, I don't think the current PG/Python driver
situation is helping PG or Python, and I believe there are enough people
who care about those two to get a group together to sort out a viable
direction and start working toward the goal of improving things.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us