[Resending; I accidentally failed to copy the list.]

Federico Di Gregorio <f...@initd.org> wrote:

> the logical choice is plain LGPL3. I am open to motivated
> suggestions about other licenses but I'll ignore such crap as "BSD
> is more open than LGPL".

Well, I don't know about "more open", but I find the PostgreSQL BSD-
derived license easier to understand.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#What_is_the_license_of_PostgreSQL.3F

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-3.0.txt

And I suspect that some of these requirements of LGPL might make it
unlikely to be considered as something that can be shipped with
PostgreSQL.  (Yeah, I'm looking at *you*, section 4.)

-Kevin

> DISCLAIMER. If I receive a message from you, you are agreeing
> that:
>  1. I am by definition, "the intended recipient".
>  2. All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit
>  and make such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke
>  as it lends itself to. In particular, I may quote it on USENET or
>  the WWW.
>  3. I may take the contents as representing the views of your
>  company.
>  4. This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality
>  that may be included on your message.

Nice!  :-)