Greg Smith wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
The explanation is wrong, but it's still disallowed.
What's the actual reason for the restriction then? I did a whole proofreading round on the HS documentation the other day and am working on a patch to clean up everything I found, can add better notes about this to it.

Will answer my own question now, from the commit log:

"There is not yet any facility for HS slaves to receive notifications generated on the master,
although such a thing is possible in future."

I'll include that detail in the doc patch I'm working on.

g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us