On Feb 20, 2010, at 15:03, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

Well, I'm willing to implement CREATE OR REPLACE LANGUAGE if people
are agreed that that's a reasonable fix.  I'm slightly worried about
the restore-could-change-ownership issue, but I think that's much less
likely to cause problems than embedding special cases for plpgsql in a
pile of places that we'll never find again.

Just throwing this out there: would a syntax such as CREATE OF NOT EXISTS, a complement to DROP IF EXISTS, avoid the permissions issue? And if so, would that be a syntax we'd want to accept in general? Could the be a CREATE IF NOT EXISTS TABLE?

Best,

David