Robert Haas wrote:
I just read through the current documentation and it doesn't really
seem to explain very much about how HS decides which queries to kill.
Can someone try to flesh that out a bit?

I believe it just launches on a mass killing spree once things like max_standby_delay expire. This I want to confirm via testing (can simulate with a mix of long and short running pgbench queries) and then intend to update the docs to clarify.

It also uses the term
"buffer cleanup lock", which doesn't seem to be used anywhere else in
the documentation (though it does appear in the source tree, including
README.HOT).

This loose end was already noted in my last docs update. I wrote an initial description, but Bruce and I decided to leave out until something more thorough could be put together. This is also on my docs cleanup list, will get to it somewhere along the beta timeline.

g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us