Tom Lane wrote:
BTW, now that I look at red_bat's failure, it seems that the MSVC build
scripts try to run the contrib/xml2 test even when xml2 hasn't been
built for lack of libxml.  This doesn't explain mastodon's problem
but maybe a second look is needed at all the conditionals around that.

Well, the trouble is to some extent that the MSVC build system tries to be a bit more maximal than the stardard build system.

I'm going to make a patch to fix that immediate problem, and test it very quickly on red_bat. Maybe Magnus and I need to have another go round on the general logic, however.

cheers

andrew