On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Simon Riggs <si...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> So we are allowing a database to be called "REPLICATION"?

Yes.

> Surely there
> are some significant problems in that case. How will access control to
> that database work in the pg_hba.conf?

We can do that by enclosing the database field of pg_hba.conf in double
quotes as follows.

    TYPE   DATABASE        USER  CIDR-ADDRESS  METHOD
    host   "replication"   foo   192.168.0.5   md5

In pg_hba.conf, double-quoted keyword like "all", "sameuser", "samerole"
or "replication" matches a database with that name.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center