On 3/29/10 5:04 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Last i heard from Dave on that topic is that there's no chance of that
> happening that quickly. He's on a plane now but I'm sure he'll confirm
> that when he lands.

That means that we'll be doing the test-fest using Alpha4, materially.
Which is annoying because it means we'll be catching a lot of bugs which
are already fixed.  However, it's pretty much impossible for me to
coordinate 25 volunteers getting the *same* daily snapshot.  And we need
to test on Windows, since it has all kinds of special issues.

I think my big goal for 9.1 is going to be to fix our testing procedure,
or rather total lack of a procedure.  We've got development
systematized, now it's time for testing.  I'm just sorry that the press
of work kept me from really doing it this time around.

I think we could be getting from alpha to beta in 6 weeks if we actually
had a schedule and some real testing goals.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.