David E. Wheeler wrote:
By stupidly having configured with --enable-cassert --enable-debug without
realizing it. I've just rebuilt without them and run the tests again using the
default postgresql.conf and I'm back down to 57s and 46s over two runs.

Every performance test I run, regardless of where the binaries come from or how I thought they were built, starts like this:

postgres=# show debug_assertions;
debug_assertions ------------------
 off
(1 row)

It's a really good habit to get into, or even enforce in your testing script if practical.

g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us