Simon Riggs wrote:
> With a plugin option, I would not object to option 1.
>
> If option 1 was taken, without plugins, it's clear that would be against
> consensus.
>
> Having said that, I'll confirm now there will not be an extreme reaction
> from me if option (1) was forced, nor do I counsel that from others.

I found this email amusing. You phrase it like the community is supposed
to be worried by an objection from you or an "extreme reaction";  I
certainly am not.  You have been in the community long enough to not use
such phrasing.  This is not the first time I have complained about this.
I have no idea why an objection from you should mean more than an
objection from anyone else in the community, and I have no idea what an
"extreme reaction" means, or why anyone should care.  Do you think the
community is negotiting with you?

I think the concensus is to change this setting to a boolean.  If you
don't want to do it, I am sure we can find someone who will.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us