On Fri, 14 May 2010, Kevin Grittner wrote:

"Greg Sabino Mullane" <g...@turnstep.com> wrote:

Would anyone argue against rolling those two (sql and admin) into
-general as a first step?

At the risk of repeating myself, I won't be able to keep up with the
traffic of the combined list; so rather than read 100% of the
messages from a smaller set, I'll need to pick and choose based on
subject line or some such.  I get the impression that other people,
who read different subsets of the lists, will be forced to a similar
change.  That may result in either some posts "slipping through the
cracks" or in increasing the burden of responding to the posts for
those brave few who wade through them all.

That's what I find with the freebsd-questions list ... there is so much noise in there that I tend to avoid posting to it for fear that my email will just get skip'd over ...

I am definitely against *merging* lists ... getting rid of the 'meta list' makes more sense so as to force ppl to *use* the smaller lists then to merge smaller lists and *increase* the noise on one of them ...

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scra...@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scra...@hub.org