Jan Wieck <janwi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Have you ever looked at one of those queries, that Londiste or
> Slony issue against the provider DB in order to get all the log
> data that has been committed between two snapshots? Is that really
> the best you can think of?

No, I admit I haven't.  In fact, I was thinking primarily in terms
of log-driven situations, like HS.  What would be the best place for
me to look to come up to speed on your use case?  (I'm relatively
sure that the issue isn't that there's no information to find, but
that a sequential pass over all available information would take a
*long* time.)  I've been working through the issues on WAL-based
replicas, and have some additional ideas and alternatives, but I'd
like to see the "big picture", including trigger-based replication,
before posting.

-Kevin