alvherre <alvhe...@commandprompt.com> writes:
> Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mié may 26 07:20:30 -0400 2010:
>> I still feel that we'd be better off putting all the functions that
>> use the same design pattern in a single file, rather than spreading
>> them out all over the backend.

> This doesn't buy you anything, because that one header will likely have
> to #include all the other headers anyway.  And if this is so, then all
> those headers will now be included in all files that require even a
> single one of these functions.

For the particular case Robert is proposing, the *header* isn't a
problem, because the only types it would deal in are Oid, bool,
const char *, and List *.  But you're right that in general this design
pattern carries a risk of having to include the world in a commonly-used
header file, which is certainly not a good idea.