On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 12:20 AM, Greg Stark <gsst...@mit.edu> wrote:
> My suggestion is we should fold all the parameters into
> postgresql.conf and treat recovery.conf as an additional
> postgresql.conf to read. It would allow any GUC. The only difference
> is that it would be moved out of the way automatically when the target
> is reached.

I agree to move all the parameter to postgresql.conf. If we do so,
ISTM that it's not useful to leave recovery.conf as a configuration
file. Instead, how about treating recovery.conf as just a trigger
file for recovery? That is, only when recovery.conf is found, the
recovery parameters in postgresql.conf are used and an archive
recovery or standby server start.

If we should avoid a hard-code of a trigger file name, we can
introduce new GUC paramter specifying the path of that. Then a user
can focus on postgresql.conf about configuration. Thought?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center