Robert Haas wrote:
On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Greg Sabino Mullane <g...@turnstep.com> wrote:
Tom Lane wrote:
I don't think the above would be particularly hard to implement myself,
but if it becomes a really big deal, we can certainly punt by simply
quoting anything containing an indicator (the special characters above).
It will still be 100% valid YAML, just with some excess quoting for the
very rare case when a value contains one of the special characters.

Since you're the main advocate of this feature, I think you should
implement it rather than leaving it to Tom or I.

Or anyone else :-)

The reason why I was initially skeptical of adding a YAML output
format is that JSON is a subset of YAML.  Therefore, the JSON output
format ought to be perfectly sufficient for anyone using a YAML
parser.

There is some debate on this point, IIRC.

cheers

andrew