Florian Pflug wrote:
To be able to asses the performance characteristics of the different
wal-related options, I patched pgbench to show the average latency of each
individual statement. The idea is to be able to compare the latency of the
COMMIT with the ones of the other statements.

That's an interesting idea, particularly given that people don't really understand where the time is going in the standard pgbench test. Your first bit of review feedback is that this would have to be something you could toggle on and off, there's no way most people want to pay this penalty. If you submit a new patch with a command line option to enable this alternate logging format and add the result to https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=6 , you can put my name down as a reviewer and I'll take a deeper look at it as part of that.

g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us