Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 09:03 +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> > David E. Wheeler wrote:

> > > I didn't care for it, personally. "Pee-Gan" sounds weird to my ear. I
> > > prefer "pee-gee-ex-en." But you can go for "pixin" or "pigskin" if you'd
> > > rather. ;-)
> > >
> > > My bike shed is chartreuse,
> >
> > heh I'm with Robert on that PGXN just sounds and speels weird - PGAN was
> > much easier ;)
>
> I actually like PGXN. PGXN is marketable. Yeah that may not be what
> -hackers are after but if I stand up in front of a Fortune 500 company
> and say, "We have PGXN" it sounds a heck of a lot better that PGAN.

I think the attraction of PGAN is that people have some hope of guessing
what it means (CPAN/PGAN), and because C and G look similar, there is
even more an association, e.g. swap C and P, change C to G, and viola.

The attraction of PGXN is that it looks like PGXS.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us