Andrew Dunstan wrote:

No, the configure test is wrong. Here's what's in configure.ac:

   dnl Temporary hack until minimum PostgreSQL version is 8.5:
   dnl If PostgreSQL < 8.5 is detected, trigger the inclusion of the
   new versioned PGXS targets
   PGXSOVERRIDE=0
   if test ! "$PGSQL_MINOR_VERSION" -ge 5; then
           PGXSOVERRIDE=1
   fi

Of course, we don't have any such thing as 8.5.

Ah wait - I see. The fix is in already in the 1.5 branch, it just hasn't hit a release yet :(

http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/changeset/5421/branches/1.5/configure.ac

Looks like we need to push a new release in time for 9.0...

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk