On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Here is a proof of concept for per-column collation support.

Hi,

i was looking at this.

nowadays, CREATE DATABASE has a lc_collate clause. is the new collate
clause similar as the lc_collate?
i mean, is lc_collate what we will use as a default?

if yes, then probably we need to use pg_collation there too because
lc_collate and the new collate clause use different collation names.
"""
postgres=# create database test with lc_collate 'en_US.UTF-8';
CREATE DATABASE
test=# create table t1 (col1 text collate "en_US.UTF-8");
ERROR:  collation "en_US.UTF-8" does not exist
test=# create table t1 (col1 text collate "en_US.utf8");
CREATE TABLE
"""

also i got errors from regression tests when MULTIBYTE=UTF8
(attached). it seems i was trying to create locales that weren't
defined on locales.txt (from were was fed that file?). i added a line
to that file (for es_EC.utf8) then i create a table with a column
using that collate and execute "select * from t2 where col1 > 'n'; "
and i got this error: "ERROR:  could not create locale "es_EC.utf8""
(of course, that last part was me messing the things up, but it show
we shouldn't be using a file locales.txt, i think)

i can attach a collate to a domain but i can't see where are we
storing that info (actually it says it's not collatable):

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL