Hardik Belani wrote:
For this i can create a table with number and time (may be time offset instead of timestamp) as columns. But still it will require me to store huge number of rows in the order of few millions. Data is read only and only inserts can happen. But I need to perform all kinds of aggregation to get various statistics. for example: daily avg, monthly avg etc..

You've unfortunately asked on the wrong list about this. pgsql-hackers is intended mainly for discussion related to the source code of PostgreSQL, so this is off-topic for it. The people who like to argue about the best way to implement aggregates and the like are on the pgsql-performance list. You'd be more likely to get detailed responses if you asked this question there. That group loves to talk about how to design things for other people.

g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us