On 04/08/10 16:50, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
On 08/04/2010 09:29 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

All those issues can be avoided if you only run "git gc" when all the
working directories are in a clean state, with no staged but
uncommitted changes or other funny things. I can live with that gun
tied to my ankle ;-).

But to make sure of that I think you need to prevent git commands from
running gc automatically:

git config gc.auto 0

or possibly

git config --global gc.auto 0

And you'll need to make sure you run gc yourself from time to time.

Good idea. I'll add that to the wiki. I don't like the automatic garbage collection anyway, it always kicks in when I'm doing something, and I end up interrupting it anyway.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas