Hello Peter

Is there any reason why you prohibit a different encodings per one
database? Actually people expect from collate per column a possibility
to store a two or more different encodings per one database. Without
this possibility - only UTF8 is possible for practical work - and for
other encodings only pairs (national locale + C). Yes - it is from my
perspective (as Czech programmer) - very typical situation and request
is mix latin2 and latin1. I can live with limit, but it is very hard
limit and should be documented.

Regards

Pavel