On 10/7/10 10:27 AM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> The standby name is a GUC in the standby's configuration file:
>
> standby_name='bostonserver'
>
> The list of important nodes is also a GUC, in the master's configuration
> file:
>
> synchronous_standbys='bostonserver, oxfordserver'

This seems to abandon Simon's concept of per-transaction synchronization
control.  That seems like such a potentially useful feature that I'm
reluctant to abandon it just for administrative elegance.

Does this work together with that in some way I can't see?

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.