On 11/10/2010 07:51 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
  (And no, don't you dare breathe a word about git making that
all automagically better.  I have enough back-patching experience with
git by now to be unimpressed; in fact, I notice that its rename-tracking
feature falls over entirely when trying to back-patch further than 8.3.
Apparently there's some hardwired limit on the number of files it can
cope with.)
That's very sad. Did you file a bug?
It's intentional behavior.  It gives up when there are too many
differences to avoid being slow.

We should adopt that philosophy. I suggest we limit all tables in future to 1m rows in the interests of speed.

cheers

andrew