Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Yeb Havinga <yebhavi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What if CTE's ever get input parameters?

> Then they'd be functions, which we already have.

If you mean something like

        prepare foo(int) as
                with x as (delete from tab where id = $1 returning *)
                insert into log_table select * from x;

I don't see that the parameter makes things any less well-defined.

If you mean a parameter in the sense of an executor parameter passed
in from a surrounding nestloop, that'd scare me too --- but I thought
we were going to disallow wCTEs except at the top level of a query,
so the case wouldn't arise.