Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, so we're proposing a hierarchy like this.
>
> 1. PERMANENT (already exists).

> 2. UNLOGGED (what this patch currently implements).

> 3. UNSYNCED (future work).

> 4. GLOBAL TEMPORARY (future work).

> 5. LOCAL TEMPORARY (our current temp tables).

All of the above would have real uses in our shop.

> It's possible to imagine a few more stops on this hierarchy.

Some of these might be slightly preferred over the above in certain
circumstances, but that's getting down to fine tuning.  I think the
five listed above are more important than the "speculative ones
mentioned.

> I don't particularly care for the name UNSYNCED

EVANESCENT?

> I'm starting not to like UNLOGGED much either

EPHEMERAL?

Actually, the UNSYNCED and UNLOGGED seem fairly clear....

-Kevin