Rod Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Appears psql needs to know how to differentiate between it's own temp
> tables and those of another connection.

More generally, psql is as yet clueless about schemas.

regression=# create schema foo;
CREATE
regression=# create schema bar;
CREATE
regression=# create table foo.tab1 (f1 int);
CREATE
regression=# create table bar.tab1 (f2 int);
CREATE
regression=# \d tab1
         Table "tab1"
 Column |  Type   | Modifiers
 f1     | integer |
 f2     | integer |

This is ... um ... wrong.  I am not real sure what the right behavior
is, however.  Should \d accept patterns like schema.table (and how
should its wildcard pattern matching fit with that?)  If you don't
specify a schema, should it only show tables visible in your search
path?