Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> 2010/9/13 Teodor Sigaev <teo...@sigaev.ru>:
>> [updated patch]

> I realize I'm repeating myself, but...  this patch needs
> documentation.  It's not optional.

I've applied all of this, and written documentation for all of it,
except for the contrib/btree_gist additions which still need to be
redone for the revised API (and then documented!).  My patience ran out
somewhere around there, so I'm marking that part as returned with
feedback.

What we have at this point (pending contrib/btree_gist fixes) is
nearest-neighbor searching capability for point columns.  And
trigram-based nearest-neighbor for text strings, if you install
contrib/pg_trgm.  That doesn't seem like a lot of return for the
amount of work that went into it.  Are there plans to add KNN support
for any other standard types?