On 12/06/2010 10:22 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<heikki.linnakan...@enterprisedb.com>  wrote:
On 06.12.2010 15:53, Robert Haas wrote:
I guess.  It still seems far too much like exposing the server's guts
for my taste.  It might not be as bad as the expression tree stuff,
but there's nothing particularly good about it either.
Note that we already have txid_current_snapshot() function, which exposes
all that.
Fair enough, and I think that's actually useful for Slony&c.  But I
don't think we should shy away of providing a cleaner API here.

Just don't let the perfect get in the way of the good :P

cheers

andrew