Hi all,

Most of you already know I am new to this list and newer to any OSS
development. However, while browsing the source code (of 9.0.1) I find
that there is only one way to store relations on disk - the magnetic
disk.

This came suddenly in my mind so I am asking the experts here.

Considering the fact that SSDs will be common (at least for the
enterprise) in the coming years because of (of course you know the
reason) their less seek time and higher transfer rates per second, is
there someone trying for a ssd.c? In almost all cases even using md.c,
the kernel will handle it effectively but would it not be better that we
are well prepared to ask kernel for more?

Or has such an attempt already begun?

- Vaibhav (*_*)