Cédric Villemain <cedric.villemain.deb...@gmail.com> writes:
> 2010/12/8 Kineticode Billing <da...@kineticode.com>:
>> On Dec 8, 2010, at 10:37 AM, Chris Browne wrote:
>>
>>> Other possibilities include TRANSIENT, EPHEMERAL, TRANSIENT, TENUOUS.

I kind of like TRANSIENT, but that's only because it's a property I've
been working with in some other systems

  http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/sup_princ.html

    Restart = permanent | transient | temporary

    Restart defines when a terminated child process should be restarted.

    A permanent child process is always restarted.
    A temporary child process is never restarted.
    A transient child process is restarted only if it terminates abnormally,
i.e. with another exit reason than normal.

>> EVANESCENT.
>
> UNSAFE ?

What about NOT PERSISTENT ? Then we would have two flavours of them,
that's NOT PERSISTENT ON RESTART TRUNCATE or ON RESTART FLUSH, I guess?

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine