Robert Haas wrote:
I don't really have a position on whether or not this patch is ready
to commit... but I do think that this is the sort of patch that is
very likely to have some bugs almost no matter when we commit it

I just updated the CF app to track Peter's latest update, which remains untested by anyone else for whether it fixes all the issues brought up. It would be nice to get a re-review to confirm things are still working in advance of CF 2011-01. Given the reviewer here is also a committer, that means it's possible this can go into the tree after that if everything checks out even outside of the regular CF schedule. In the interest of closing out this CF, I'm updating this one as returned for now though. That doesn't prevent it from going in anyway once it's confirmed ready, and I agree the sooner the better to help find breakage. But I don't think that's so important that it should block the critical path for the next alpha.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD
PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support        www.2ndQuadrant.us