On 12/15/2010 11:53 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

OK, patch committed so we can get testing from the existing buildfarm
members, but please try on your new installation too.

It's working, but I don't think it's right :-) In particular, I don't believe this, or rather I don't believe that its converse is false:

   /* If not HAVE_GETOPT, we are using src/port/getopt.c, which has
   optreset */

The trouble is that while we've forced use of our getopt.c, we haven't inhibited configure from checking the system's getopt. So on my test system HAVE_GETOPT is defined. Possibly I was wrong about needing to have optreset set with use of our port.

cheers

andrew