On 19/12/2010 7:51 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

Great. I pulled the latest from your git tree, tested that, and got much
better results. Crashdump size is back to what I expected. In my test code,
fcinfo->args and fcinfo->argnull can be examined without problems.
Backtraces look good; see below. It seems to be including backend private
memory again now. Thanks _very_ much for your work on this.

Ok, great. I think that leaves us at least complete enough to commit -
we can always improve things further as we get some more real world
testing.

fcinfo->flinfo is still inaccessible, but I suspect it's in shared memory,
as it's at 0x00000135 . Ditto fcinfo->resultinfo and fcinfo->context.

Hmm. Not sure why those would be in shared memory, that seems strange.

OK, I'll have to do some more digging on that, then. I'm getting on a plane in about 2 hours, but will be bringing Visual Studio snapshots, a postgres git tree, an XP vm, etc with me, so time permitting I should be able to keep on with this.

Anyway, here's an example of the backtraces I'm currently getting. They're
clearly missing some parameters (in shm? Unsure) but provide source
file+line, argument values where resolvable, and the call stack its self.
Locals are accessible at all levels of the stack when you go poking around
in windbg.

Yeah, they're still very useful. Is that a release or debug build?

That's a release build. I'm intentionally testing with release builds because I want something that's useful on real-world end-user systems, and I'm aware that few Windows users will build Pg for themselves.

(That said, the Perl-based build scripts are some of the least painful build tools I've ever worked with on Windows. Only CMake can rival them for low-pain Windows compilation.)

--
Craig Ringer