On 01/04/2011 07:51 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:

The relevant question is: which configuration(s) can we have ready for
the next CommitFest and alpha release?

Based upon that series of conversations, I've reworked the design so
that there is (currently) only a single standby offering sync rep at any
one time. Other standbys can request to be sync standbys but they only
become the sync standby if the first one fails. Which was simple to do
and bridges the challenges of an exactly identified sync standby and the
fragility of too closely specifying the config.

ah cool - like that approach for 9.1!

Thanks for working on that!

Stefan