Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Which brings up another point though. I have a personal TODO item to
>> make the comments for operator support functions more consistent:
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/21407.1287157...@sss.pgh.pa.us
>> Should we consider removing those comments altogether, instead?

> I could go either way on that.  Most of those comments are pretty
> short, aren't they?  How much storage are they really costing us?

Well, on my machine pg_description is about 210K (per database) as of
HEAD.  90% of its contents are pg_proc entries, though I have no good
fix on how much of that is for internal-use-only functions.  A very
rough estimate from counting pg_proc and pg_operator entries suggests
that the answer might be "about a third".  So if we do what was said in
the above-cited thread, ie move existing comments to pg_operator and
add boilerplate ones to pg_proc, we probably would pay <100K for it.