On 19/01/11 10:57, Jan Urbański wrote:
> On 18/01/11 23:22, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> #2: It looks like this loses some information/formatting in the error
>> message.  Should we keep the pointing arrow there?

>>  CONTEXT:  PL/Python function "sql_syntax_error"
>> -ERROR:  syntax error at or near "syntax"
>> -LINE 1: syntax error
>> -        ^
>> -QUERY:  syntax error
>> +ERROR:  PL/Python: plpy.SPIError: syntax error at or near "syntax"
>>  CONTEXT:  PL/Python function "sql_syntax_error"

> Yes, the message is less informative, because the error is reported by
> PL/Python, by wrapping the SPI message. I guess I could try to extract
> more info from the caught ErrorData and put it in the new error that
> PL/Python throws.

All right, I found a way to shoehorn the extra information into
SPIException, I'll post a new patch series with what's left of the
general refactoring patch soon.

Shortly after, I'll post updated patches for doing SPI in subxacts,
explicit subxact starting and generated SPI exceptions, as they will
surely be broken by these changes.

Jan