On 21.01.2011 15:35, Robert Haas wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:41 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<heikki.linnakan...@enterprisedb.com>  wrote:
There's one UI thing that bothers me. The option to specify the target
directory is called --file. But it's clearly not a file. OTOH, I'd hate to
introduce a parallel --dir option just for this. Any thoughts on this?

If we were starting over, I'd probably suggest calling the option -o,
--output.  But since -o is already taken (for --oids) I'd be inclined
to just make the help text read:

   -f, --file=FILENAME         output file (or directory) name
   -F, --format=c|t|p|d        output file format (custom, tar, text, dir)

Ok, that's exactly what the patch does now. I guess it's fine then.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas