On 18.01.2011 17:26, Shigeru HANADA wrote:
3) 20110118-fdw_handler.patch - This patch adds support for HANDLER
option to FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER object.

Some quick comments on that:

* I wonder if CREATE FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER should automatically create the handler function, if it doesn't exist yet. That's what CREATE LANGUAGE does, which is similar. Although it doesn't seem to be documented for CREATE LANGUAGE either, is it deprecated?

* The elogs in parse_func_options() should be ereports.

* pg_dump should check the version number and only try to select fdwhandler column if >= 9.1. See the other functions there for example of that.

* dumpForeignDataWrapper() in pg_dump checks if fdwhandler field is "-". I don't think we use that as magic value there, do we? Same with validator.

* Please check that the HANDLER and VALIDATOR options that pg_dump creates properly quoted.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas