Hello

I see that the gist README file (src/backend/access/gist/README) hasn't seen any major content updates, since its initial creation, apart from gist insertion recovery issues [1].

I would like to ask if there are any major differences between the README file and postrges' code, and if the README file has the essence of what is happening in the gist code?

For example in commit (1f7ef548ec2e594fa8766781c490fb5b998ea46b) [2], another algorithm for splitting was implemented, but the paper isn't mentioned in the README file. The reason I am asking is that I am interested in gists (for a university project) and I would like to see how they were implemented in postgres.

Regards
Vangelis Katsikaros

[1] http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=history;f=src/backend/access/gist/README;h=2d78dcb0dfaf21e348bcca3da8ba3829bcac5288;hb=master

[2] http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=1f7ef548ec2e594fa8766781c490fb5b998ea46