Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> Dimitri Fontaine <dimi...@2ndquadrant.fr> writes:
>> The missing entry in pg_depend is the reason why the extension is not
>> part of the dump.  We could fix that using a LEFT JOIN here and COALESCE
>> to force the namespace as pg_catalog.  Is that not a kludge?
>
> Yes, it is.  Why is the pg_depend entry missing?

See src/backend/catalog/pg_depend.c

                /*
                 * If the referenced object is pinned by the system, there's no
real
                 * need to record dependencies on it.  This saves lots of space
in
                 * pg_depend, so it's worth the time taken to check.
                 */

Certainly, pg_catalog is pinned.

select *
  from pg_depend
 where refobjid = (select oid
                    from pg_namespace
                   where nspname = 'pg_catalog')
  and refclassid = 'pg_namespace'::regclass;

 classid | objid | objsubid | refclassid | refobjid | refobjsubid | deptype
       0 |     0 |        0 |       2615 |       11 |           0 | p
(1 row)

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine