> Why are you cross-compiling? I built without any need to do that. Change the
> names of the binaries on the m mingw64/bin directory to remove the platform
> prefix, put that directory at the head of your PATH, and run a plain
> configure. Works like a charm.
I have two work computers, one is 32 bit Windows XP SP3, the other  is
64 bit Windows 7 Home basic, one is at home, the other is at work, so
to keep the same environment is more convenient for me.

I have successfully built PostgreSQL 9.0.2 according to your
suggestion on 64bit Win7 (but using an administrator user), and the
corresponding RPostgreSQL package works now, thank you all that have
helped.

Xiaobo Gu