On 27.01.2011 15:15, Fujii Masao wrote:
When I read the patch, I found that pg_stop_backup removes the backup history
file as soon as it creates the file, if archive_mode is not enabled.
This looks like
oversight. We should prevent pg_stop_backup from removing the fresh history
file? Or we should prevent pg_stop_backup from creating the history
file from the
beginning since it's not used at all if archiving is disabled?
(If archiving is enabled, the history file can be used to clean the
archived files up).

Hmm, good point. It's harmless, but creating the history file in the first place sure seems like a waste of time.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas