Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Dimitri Fontaine <dimi...@2ndquadrant.fr>
> wrote:
>> Or do you want to keep some generality here?

> I think it might be slightly advantageous to keep some generality,

Yeah.  I had also thought about hard-wiring the WHERE clause, but
there's at least one big objection to that: it fails to cover cases
where there's no need for a flag column because all the entries are
user-provided.

The catalog representation I'd been thinking of was a regclass[] array
for the table names and a text[] array of the same length for the WHERE
clauses.  It's slightly ugly but no big deal.  There are likely to be
some other array columns in pg_extension before we're done, anyway ---
one I'd been thinking about a bit was OIDs of modules this one depends
on.  The current design doesn't cope very well with modules that depend
on other ones.