Andrew,

* Andrew Dunstan (and...@dunslane.net) wrote:
> See the discussion back around the the 8.1 release (IIRC) when we
> added the HEADER option.

I recall seeing it and not agreeing with it then. :)

> >If I wanted something to throw away the first record of a file before
>
> The whole point of us having direct CSV import is to minimise the
> requirement for preprocessing.

Having a 'throw away 1 line' option is just silly to me, but documenting
it as "header" is worse.  Water under the bridge at this point though.

> That said, I think there's probably a good case for an option to use
> the header line as a column list. I know of at least one application
> I have written that could benefit from it. But that's work for 9.2
> or later.

I agree it's work for 9.2.  I could probably help with this if people
agree that it should be done.

        Thanks,

                Stephen