On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 01:27, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> However, file_fdw is in pretty serious trouble because (1) the copy
> API patch that it depends on still isn't committed and (2) it's going
> to be utterly broken if we don't do something about the
> client_encoding vs. file_encoding problem; there was a patch to do
> that in this CF, but we gave up on it.

Will we include the copy API patch in 9.1 even if we won't have file_fdw?
Personally, I want to include the APIs because someone can develop file_fdw
as a third party extension for 9.1 using the infrastructure. The extension
will lack of file encoding support, but still useful for many cases.

--
Itagaki Takahiro