On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 00:44:07 +1300, Oliver Jowett wrote:
On 18/02/11 00:37, rsmogura wrote:
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 00:06:22 +1300, Oliver Jowett wrote:
On 17/02/11 23:18, rsmogura wrote:
Yes, but driver checks number of declared out parameters and number of resulted parameters (even check types of those), to prevent programming
errors.

And..?

Oliver

And it will throw exception when result will income. If you will remove this then you will lose check against programming errors, when number of expected parameters is different that number of actual parameters. Bear
in mind that you will get result set of 6 columns, but only 1 is
expected. I think you can't determine what should be returned and how to
fix result without signature.

You've completely missed the point. I am not suggesting we change those checks at all. I am suggesting we change how the JDBC driver translates
call escapes to queries so that for N OUT parameters, we always get
exactly N result columns, without depending on the datatypes of the
parameters in any way.

Oliver

May You provide example select for this, and check behaviour with below procedure, too.

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION p_enhance_address3(OUT address u_address_type, OUT i1 integer)
  RETURNS record AS
$BODY$
BEGIN
        SELECT t_author.address