Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:

> Ugh. Isn't there some sort of pragma or similar we can use to shut
> it up?

If that fails, maybe use some function like the below?  That would
also have the advantage of not relying on assumptions beyond the
documented API, which I tend to feel good about no matter how sure I
am that the implementation details upon which I'm relying won't
change.

No claims that this is good final form, especially when it comes to
using ssize_t, but just trying to get across the general idea:

void
write_completely_ignore_errors(int filedes, const void *buffer,
                               size_t size)
{
    size_t t = 0;
    while (t < size)
    {
        ssize_t n = write(filedes, buffer, size - t);
        if (n <= 0)
            break;
        t += n;
    }