On 26.02.2011 16:58, Robert Haas wrote:
It sounds like the only thing we have definite agreement about from
all this is that apply_location should be renamed to replay_location
in pg_stat_replication, a point fairly incidental to the what this
patch is about.  It seems fairly unsatisfying to just change that and
punt the rest of this, but I'm not sure what the alternative is.

After reading the discussions, I don't see any actual opposition to Fujii-san's patch. And I think it makes sense, the new definition makes sense for the purpose Fujii mentioned in the mail that started this thread: determining which standby is most up-to-date.

There has been a lot of good suggestions, like verifying the received WAL before overwriting existing WAL. But we're not going to start doing bigger code changes this late in the release cycle. And even if we did, this patch would still make sense - we still wouldn't want pg_last_xlog_receive_location() to move backwards.

So, committed.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas