Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
> Strangely, we made pg_database have a toast table, and the only reason
> for this is datacl.  Should we create toast tables for the remaining
> catalogs?

As I commented on your blog, this is nonsense.  pg_database has a TOAST
table becase we thought it might need one for datconfig[].  Now that
that's gone, it'd be consistent to remove the toast table, but it didn't
occur to us to do that.

aclitem entries wide enough to need toasting are going to suck for all
sorts of reasons (IIRC there are some O(N^2) algorithms in there, not
to mention the cost of pulling in entries from a toast table on every
access) so I am not excited about encouraging people to use them.